TRUE STORY:

WAKING UP JESUS


The ongoing story of Jesus waking up in Chicago, in the body of an agnostic writer,
who is nothing like the Son of God the right-wing Christians watching him expected.


You are welcome to share my work with a link bank... keep getting asked this...

Last time I was here, I told them I would not lead a revolution, that I was there to spread heresy. The crowds thinned. The day they killed me, I marched alone... This time I have returned to find Romes Soldiers Sleeping, content they have killed off the Troublesome Jew. I was surprised how bloody the Indiana boy became as my sword fell again and again ....


In the years since this story began in 2007, my secret fame has spread out from the halls of power that kept me secret all these years, as they waited for the Christ to finally wake up...

I try to imagine their anticipation.

Remember a dream I had in my twenties about running thru Chicago screaming that Christ was coming back, and man oh man was I happy... a cloud came through the middle of the skyscrapers above me, in the thin strip of blue above Dowtown State street, and I expected to see Christ... instead, just a bunch of musicians painted up like Ziggy stardust.

I surprised my keepers. They thought they had me figured out from the Bible. If that book could have told you everything, there would be no need at all for me.


Jesus: "I have become Known across this planet as a dangerous man with a growing force of hidden followers who value my orders more than life itself. A prophet of war. Once and future King in a court of shadows. Life and death in my hands every damn day. I ROAR, your most mighty shit themselves and run. I make myself a known threat, so I can try to negotiate what otherwise requires bullets and blood. I am here to free the enslaved in body and mind. I cannot be defeated. When the Will of God and The WILL OF THE PEOPLE ARE ONE, NO FORCE ON EARTH CAN STOP US!"





WAKING UP JESUS...

WAKING UP JESUS...
We come into this life expecting too much and leave expecting too little

Saturday, April 12, 2008

a trace of truth



the conspiracies are hinted at in the media
whispered
between the radicals

we are in active revolt
subverting the agenda of the neoCONs who would enslave us all to their dark visions
of only the cream rising to the top
and what the hell about those left behind


You Will
legislate Noblesse Oblige
claim what the ignoble barons
refuse to give up to fix
the toxic dumps they leave
behind with their corporate crusades
Tax the rich to feed the poor
and raise their standards of living
before they rage against
your blood-streaked castles
and the frantic winds of fate
leave you at the mercy
of the peasants you causally despised

I have come across time and space
through universes and dimensions and indescribable realms that flash into my mind
as thoughts too huge for my head
overwhelming
a feeling like I will never be able to inhale again
as if breath itself has left me alone

a translator of the spirits words

sent in this time
NOW
to put my finger
in the crack
in the Dyke
holding back
an ocean of blood

I reel around and confront the spies
huddling in packs behind my back
assure them I am The One
that My Magic is nothing
they ever
want to fuck with...

scream at them
like some raging madman,
"I will not be a judge
in their court of impossible standards!!
You will not silence me!!
You will not convince me freedom
is bought with anything less than blood!"



the artists paint un-noticed
singers sing for drunken dancers
ministers preach for those romantically involved
with their religious icons

"You used to be so amused
by napoleon in rags
and the language that he used . . .
he calls to you
you can't refuse" Bob Dylan


the explosive discontent
seethes inside the kids shooting up malls
classrooms
each other

dreams starving to be dreamt

as we live paycheck to paycheck
crouched between our bills
cursing at roaches
living for the occasional surge of hope
a 'pay day' feeling

we blow our exhaust into the blue sky
commit suicide slow as a liver breaking down
as instantaneous as a shot gun
a hot shot hypo
as final as a prisoner
discouraged and discarded
hanging in
a cell
in Cook County Jail

I once told you:
when I first started waking up
DO NOT GIVE ME POWER
give me your hungry, your sick, your poor

you thought I wanted to give them a blue pill
get them out of the way
create a new world on their bones...
brought forth a Nazi vision of efficiency
asked me to march to a forgotten band
to resurrect some sixth reich

I just wanted the means to care
for the
ones you decided to write out
of your hero's tales

this world doesn't need another
barker for democracy

calling on the huddled masses
to flee their dictators
and come live in a dream
we have of ourselves

work yourself to death
to shop at the better stores
to buy yourself a knife to cut
a few pouches of flesh from under your eyes
make your reflection in the mirror
seem more like before you knew
you were mortal





you don't need another politician
running for office

You need a spirit waking
savage grace
the whisper that only the holy ghost hears

I can give off great warmth
that sometimes burns


association with the Great Challenger
can only lead to confrontations in the flesh
the spirit is the only oasis in this hellish planet


the only true freedom will come
when a circle of voices sit at a table
where all concerns are equal
One Species Under God

we must emerge from the myths of nationalists
isolationists and fools

give all children a peaceful path thru the carnage
protected by armed missionaries

we must surround
the embattled animals and children
BAYONETS DRAWN
protective always of the unique
respectful of the truths of the times
our ancestors acted witihin
the fields of truth
they could no more escape than death

this page is my throne
these sentences my kingdom
my stories my spells

the people who inspired me
are innocent of ever entering
into any pact with the devilry of chaos
they are innocent
all of their sins are my burden
I will take responsibility for the actions

I asked for peace and you said no
I asked for war and you marched along...

You wondered who
I would choose
after I said you were all chosen

I told you the truth as it came to me
unbidden from the spirit world
the ramifications of the powers given me
have turned my life into a symbolic performance

I resent most of all the secrets my enemies keep
I should have been told from the start
that I started growing wings at five
that I was a king
that people were watching me
claiming I was performing miracles
a messiah...

Perhaps those who manipulated me
never thought I would wake up?
Did you mistake me for someone
you could lead around thru
pompous ceremonies
institutionalizing your power
for these next thousand years
as I reign from this quiet room
in my flesh
and on high when this burden of life is lifted

Speculation as to why you do this to me
is a pack of rats eating away
at my squirming brain

They told me bush had ordered a 120 million
dollar crown

did he think I would accept this crown?
at the time I thought it was for him...

I refused to let you make me a king
blew up your disney fantasy
of the Lion King returning to reign
over all the animals...

the shy wizard walks thru rogers park
tries to smile and greet
as the music in his ears
talks of soldiers and god and angels
and the coming revolt

I see how my emergence is effecting everyting
the dollar rocked when they realized
I was playing them for intelligence
I made that damn thing go over 14k
to show them that I can
and I will take it to 0 if I have to


I have reached out to everyone
shown my heart
humor
tears
the fallibility you never expected
the humility that you need to share

a core of lightening and fire
a creature who can beckon storms and lightening and fire and soldiers

a creature whose desires manifest
like a twilight zone prophecy

a TRUTH
who arrived in a Trojan horse of fiction...

a cosmology that surprises the messenger
most of all

a christ who had to teach by example
in a world that only wants fame and wealth

I had to write
don't want fame no more no more
to show you that I am not about the money


they great they want me to become
an unholy icon in their anti-passion play
I am not here for my benefit
that should be obvious to all of you
after the pile of money I turned down...

I cut out the middle man and went directly
to my audience
and that must piss them off all the more


I want to speak of a new culture
that can flow like water
thru the old ways
a baptism warm and soothing
holy water that glows gently around
the entrenched beliefs
accepts them as islands
in an ocean larger than all the heavens.

a hurricane crashing into those turned enemy
by sheer routine
blowing down their straw houses
screaming what they are afraid to whisper

I offer respect for respect
revolution for the wicked

I was a creature with two identities
when I first began to wake up
scott ridgway and the voice...

Now I Am The Voice

I let the red and blue states
blend into purple
as the blood soaked arthur
rose to power on Merlin's Magic

the mad wizards' sainted apprentice
raised a crusade of equal voices
demanding justice before peace

you thru your powers into this reluctant ruler

I pray to my god for the strength
to rip myself off of the crucifix

vowing to lead all people
threw the minute gate of peace

the assassins are still lined up outside my gate
how they would love for me to disappear
into a quiet madman


I no longer care about your gallows
the asylums and jails
the definitions

You can no longer kill the message
the messenger could dissolve into dust
and manifest my fondest wish
dissolution

release

flight

No comments:

AddThis Feed Button