TRUE STORY:

WAKING UP JESUS


The ongoing story of Jesus waking up in Chicago, in the body of an agnostic writer,
who is nothing like the Son of God the right-wing Christians watching him expected.


You are welcome to share my work with a link bank... keep getting asked this...

Last time I was here, I told them I would not lead a revolution, that I was there to spread heresy. The crowds thinned. The day they killed me, I marched alone... This time I have returned to find Romes Soldiers Sleeping, content they have killed off the Troublesome Jew. I was surprised how bloody the Indiana boy became as my sword fell again and again ....


In the years since this story began in 2007, my secret fame has spread out from the halls of power that kept me secret all these years, as they waited for the Christ to finally wake up...

I try to imagine their anticipation.

Remember a dream I had in my twenties about running thru Chicago screaming that Christ was coming back, and man oh man was I happy... a cloud came through the middle of the skyscrapers above me, in the thin strip of blue above Dowtown State street, and I expected to see Christ... instead, just a bunch of musicians painted up like Ziggy stardust.

I surprised my keepers. They thought they had me figured out from the Bible. If that book could have told you everything, there would be no need at all for me.


Jesus: "I have become Known across this planet as a dangerous man with a growing force of hidden followers who value my orders more than life itself. A prophet of war. Once and future King in a court of shadows. Life and death in my hands every damn day. I ROAR, your most mighty shit themselves and run. I make myself a known threat, so I can try to negotiate what otherwise requires bullets and blood. I am here to free the enslaved in body and mind. I cannot be defeated. When the Will of God and The WILL OF THE PEOPLE ARE ONE, NO FORCE ON EARTH CAN STOP US!"





WAKING UP JESUS...

WAKING UP JESUS...
We come into this life expecting too much and leave expecting too little

Sunday, April 06, 2008

A letter from the hong kong office

When this came, last year, total war for total peace was sweeeping the planet and a revolution came, man... and we did it peaceful as possible. It is a year later and the secrecy has settled back down. They have told me they will kill me for writing this book. Bring it on. I Am

home
by jsr

01/03/07
10:27 AM
THIS LETTER IS FROM A REAL HIPSTER -- THAT MEANS HIS HEART IS AS WARM AS HIS MIND IS OPEN.... this dude knows music, people, and pain.... I love him like the brother he shares a name with... Can't reveal him as the big honcho he is (got a tv show he is in for you when he says okay...).

HONG KONG IS FUCKING AWAKE!!!!


He starts the letter with the title:





AWAKE??? Hell, yes.


Scott,








Sounds good. I'm sick of Americans accepting complacency and EXTREME corruption



as an acceptable norm. When we're wasting trillions on fucked up wars that put money



in already wealthy people's pockets.








This shit should be feeding the planet and saving the world. A real revolution, where



we don't accept blind obedience and where the government doesn't have the nerve to



EVEN SUGGEST going into Iran after their incompetent foray into the neighboring country.








The Dem response is weak at best, with meaningless, non-binding resolutions and



empty rhetoric. Neil Young, 'Living With War.' My dad emailed me about the brave



Americans. I vomited as I read blogs from Iraq, from good people who really feel



the anguish from dead brothers and cousins, brutally murdered for empty sectarian



reasons. And money. This needs to stop. Now. Not next year. Now.








'We can't cut off funding. We can't even use the word impeachment.' Come on.



How much support do they need before they act? Who is really for the war?








I'm like dad, why aren't you on the streets? Why do you drive a big pickup truck?



So easy to proclaim moral high ground when the gun is a million miles from the



target. And you don't meet the victims.








Who stole the soul? The world knows the government is corrupt, but where are



the people? Do they think this will just fade away at the ballot box? Are they really



so naive and hopeless to forget that the only good part of America came from



those on the streets who laid it down? YES. Whores for the shopping mall.



Empty convenience in comfortable suburban homes.








Come on Hillary. You voted for the war. Bottom line. Step the fuck down. I knew



what was going on and I didn't have the access you had. Wah, we were tricked.



Give me a break. Accept responsibility and get out of the way. I've had enough



of the phony 'liberal' Dem party who can't pull the trigger, even when the country



hands them firepower. To gun these evil neo-cons down.








Don't worry George. I know you're listening. But I got the hell out of your fascist



way. This is moving too close to armageddon. Regional conflict in the oil rich,



middle east. Americans think it's just terrorists. What happens when the whole



region is engulfed in war? Say goodbye to your consumer lala land. Doh.








Dude, go for it. Make it hard. It's the artist's responsibility, and the American



artists are all asleep. Do it smart like The Daily Show. Because that makes



even O'Reilly nervous. Propaganda cannot defeat intelligent humor.



Because they aren't that clever. Smart, evil, loud. But not clever.








And not funny. Subversion is heroic, and right now, it's patriotic.








You don't need my words. You're there already.


All writings by John Scott Ridgway are protected by the law... but I encourage you to spread my poems by whatever means necessary. One day you will understand.

No comments:

AddThis Feed Button