TRUE STORY:

WAKING UP JESUS


The ongoing story of Jesus waking up in Chicago, in the body of an agnostic writer,
who is nothing like the Son of God the right-wing Christians watching him expected.


You are welcome to share my work with a link bank... keep getting asked this...

Last time I was here, I told them I would not lead a revolution, that I was there to spread heresy. The crowds thinned. The day they killed me, I marched alone... This time I have returned to find Romes Soldiers Sleeping, content they have killed off the Troublesome Jew. I was surprised how bloody the Indiana boy became as my sword fell again and again ....


In the years since this story began in 2007, my secret fame has spread out from the halls of power that kept me secret all these years, as they waited for the Christ to finally wake up...

I try to imagine their anticipation.

Remember a dream I had in my twenties about running thru Chicago screaming that Christ was coming back, and man oh man was I happy... a cloud came through the middle of the skyscrapers above me, in the thin strip of blue above Dowtown State street, and I expected to see Christ... instead, just a bunch of musicians painted up like Ziggy stardust.

I surprised my keepers. They thought they had me figured out from the Bible. If that book could have told you everything, there would be no need at all for me.


Jesus: "I have become Known across this planet as a dangerous man with a growing force of hidden followers who value my orders more than life itself. A prophet of war. Once and future King in a court of shadows. Life and death in my hands every damn day. I ROAR, your most mighty shit themselves and run. I make myself a known threat, so I can try to negotiate what otherwise requires bullets and blood. I am here to free the enslaved in body and mind. I cannot be defeated. When the Will of God and The WILL OF THE PEOPLE ARE ONE, NO FORCE ON EARTH CAN STOP US!"





WAKING UP JESUS...

WAKING UP JESUS...
We come into this life expecting too much and leave expecting too little

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

my old tv partner is sparking up a movie deal

Switching glass for celluloid


Toledo native C.J. Bahnsen turns screenplay writer with film titled "Put-in-Bay"
Toledo native moviemakers hope 'Put-in-Bay' film takes off

by Rick Claypool

published May 23rd 2007

What are the chances? Two Toledoans, a pair of St. Francis de Sales alumni who graduated four years apart yet never met one another, get swept up in the star-studded world of Hollywood filmmaking. Producer Kevin Cooper, executive producer of the praised 2003 film “Secondhand Lions,” starring Michael Caine and Robert Duvall, met Chris Bahnsen, a freelance writer for the O.C. Weekly and contributor to the LA Times and New York Times (and Toledo City Paper editor in 2000) on the front lines of the pop culture heartland.

Think they’d turn their backs on their hometown and never look back? Think again. Bahnsen wrote a screenplay titled “Put-in-Bay,” set on South Bass Island and Toledo. Cooper nurtured the project as creative producer. Now they’re working hard to attract a director, actors and investors, hoping they’ll be able to shoot the film in the Midwestern city they’ve called home.

“I always wanted to do a story about Toledo,” said Bahnsen, a graduate of the University of Toledo’s English program. “And I’ve always had a thing for Put-in-Bay. I didn’t appreciate living on the water — the Ottawa River, the Maumee, Lake Erie — until I moved to California. I could have set the story at the ocean, but I really wanted to write a fresh-water story.” Today, Bahnsen, a regular contributor to Diving Magazine, is obsessed with all things aquatic.

Though it’s Bahnsen’s first venture into screenplay writing, freelancing has offered him ample opportunity to live through story-worthy experiences. A prime example: swimming in a shark cage. “I did a travel piece at Guadalupe Island, 120 miles south of Baja California. It’s a great white shark haven. You’re breathing through this hooka, and the claustrophobia from being in a cage under water can get to you even before the sharks arrive.”

In “Put-In-Bay,” an overly amorous fresh-water surfer named Bobby leaves his parents behind on mainland Toledo to goof off and live with his estranged grandfather on South Bass Island. There, he falls for a tough-as-nails beauty and fish farmer named Maricruz.

Bobby pursues her while working for his grandfather’s fishing business — hardly goof-off time. In the process, he gets swept up in the fight to preserve the business, which is threatened by a greedy mayor eager to “develop” the quaint island into a resort destination for the wealthy.

“This screenplay is part ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High,’ part ‘Breaking Away’ and part ‘Flamingo Kid,’” said Cooper.

“I was particularly drawn to Chris’ writing and similar passion to make a film about growing up in northwest Ohio.”

Without local support, Cooper said a studio might try to shoot it more cheaply at “some lake in Saskatchewan.” The producer estimates the budget will be less than $1 million, and he plans to scout the Put-in-Bay islands for shot locations this summer.

Still, a long time may pass before filming begins. “A project like this can take 10 years to develop,” said Cooper, who is actively seeking local investors. “One of our biggest concerns is not only to make a great story, but to give something back to the community.”

email this article to a friend or foe
read comments on this article

– Their email address

– Your email (so that they can respond to you)

Optional additional message (placed before the article link):




comment left by Pamela Crabtree on May 26th 2007 at 07:21pm:
I truly believe these two local gentlemen can find a company to film this treatment. Both are to be commended for their loyalty to the hometown area.

write a comment on this article

– Your Name (or nickname or screenname)

Comment (no HTML tags and 500 character limit):




You are welcome to spread my poems by whatever means... they are yours... unless you make some money off of me and then I would like some. Is that too much to ask? No. I have a family, too;.

No comments:

AddThis Feed Button